Friday, July 22, 2011

PAIN FREE and NEW ART

BLESSINGS and IMAGES 
July 22, 2011 

WooHoo! My back surgery was successful and I'm pain free as of July 20, 2011. With a bit of physical therapy for my right foot when the doctor deems it safe to return to any kind of exercise, I will be totally back to normal... (whatever NORMAL is!)  This has been a deja vu experience for me as I had the same back injury (herniated disc) in 2006 and recovered completely. About the hospital, though...
it's definitely not a place to go for some R&R. One would think that after major surgery, sleep would be important...even crucial. Not so...it's more important for nursing staff to turn on all the lights in your room every 30-60 minutes to check your pulse, blood pressure, temperature; administer medication; check how your body parts move... Finally, after realizing that they were doing it all for MY benefit, I threw in the towel and decided I'd sleep at home. So frustrating, though. Well, here I am at home and am still having trouble sleeping!! Aah, life is good!
I have had the opportunity to work on several art pieces...challenges and otherwise...since I've been home. I work both standing and sitting to remain comfortable.  
THREE MUSES  asked artists to submit something with an ORIENTAL flavor... 
THEME THURSDAY asked us to think ROMANCE...
INSPIRATION AVENUE  had us employing WINGS in our art... 
COLLAGE OBSESSION asked us to create a sunset view...when Michael and I were in Myanmar, we saw an unusual way of fishing practiced by the INTHE fishermen....they row their boats with their legs. This happens on the "other side of sunset" as the waters of Myanmar are usually quiet and peaceful. But in this little corner...
Over the last few weeks, I've been responding to some challenges and entered some "swaps" with some of my favorite online artist friends and groups...from PAPER TRADERS...
These for an ANATOMY swap...




and these for a Word Prompt Journal made up of words for life...

 That's it for now, folks! Thanks for stopping by yet again, I really appreciate your interest. Wish me well on my recovery...I'm grateful for all of you.

xox,
abbyj 

11 comments:

  1. You have been busy with these great art pieces. Wishing you a speedy recovery..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Abby, I had to scroll forever to find this spot to comment on your wonderful Oriental piece for Three Muses. I love it. I can see your recuperation is allowing plenty time for arting. Having had the same surgery a few years ago, I can sympathize...and rejoice at the end of your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little faeries for the Wings challenge on Inspiration Avenue.
    Also glad to hear you are pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comments AND the get well wishes, friends. I appreciate your thoughts!
    xoxox,
    abbyj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my goodness you have been busy, Abby - and every piece is a gem. Your Three Muses Oriental piece is amazingly beautiful and I am so impressed with your Anatomy swaps - just fantastic.

    I'm glad to hear you are at last pain free and well on your way to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby...I am so pleased to hear your surgery was successful...I too have had surgery but on my foot and am still recovering. I found it most frustrating that I couldn't "art" for the first 6 weeks and am only just getting into it now at 9 weeks....like you, alternating standing and sitting to do so.
    I love your Anatomy interpretations...but then, I love ALL your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so pleased to hear from those of you who have walked this surgical recovery walk before and KNOW what I'm feeling. Thanks so much for sharing...

    xox,
    abbyj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I came from Inspiration Avenue, I delighted in all the art you shared, as well as reading your surgery was a success. Great news and great art combined into one post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've created so many gorgeous imaginative pieces of art - wonderful! Thank you for your entry in to Inspiration Avenue's 'Wings' challenge. Your wings inspired piece is full of vibrant sumptuous colours and images!

    Fantastic news that your surgery has gone so well - I wish for you an infinity of pain free days and hope that the physio goes well.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many wonderful pieces! Congratulations for having had a succesfull surgery and being pain free now - I can imagine how wonderful it must feel (having back problems myself, too). I love your sunset piece, it's so colourful and yet tranquil. Thank you for participating in the Collage Obsession challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear that you are back to "Normal".
    hahaha, I can truly appreciate that!!
    Wonderful group of work you represented here.
    Wanted to let you know that your Red, White and Blue Bird image was selected as our PaperTrader Treasure. It's beautiful!
    Cathy C

    ReplyDelete