Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A LITTLE MORE ART...
August 13, 2013
 
I'm so pleased to be getting back into creating art...missed it when I didn't have the time or the tools!
The first piece is for SUNDAY POSTCARD ART, who declared  their theme to be "baking." For some reason, my mind flashed back to the 50's housewife and Good Housekeeping Magazine... I even put a recipe on the refrigerator! 
The next piece is for COLLAGE OBSESSION's challenge blog. Their theme is "kings or queens." Since I have a  fascination with  gypsies, my queen is Queen of the Gypsies...
THINK MONDAY- THINK ATC (TMTA) requested a piece about friendship. Once again, I was able to use a photo I took in Ethiopia of two young girls standing together looking at a corral of cows.
Finally, for a FLICKER group that's  called DIGITALMANIA, a piece inspired by the art of one Susan Tuttle. You can see her work here... Below is mine;
and another piece, this  inspired by Pam Carriker- her art is here! Below is mine...
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week... I'm off to create more art, work out and perhaps, do some reading. Aaah, the life of a retired woman!!  :)

Hugs,
abbyj
 


16 comments:

  1. Wow you have been a busy girl Abby everyone a mini masterpiece I especially like you Gypsy Queen and your DM Collage of the girl...beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These challenges do keep us hopping- what wondrous creations Abby! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pieces! So much wonderful art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great jobs Abby! :)
    (the "copy-paste' can't work in your comment at the three muses)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really master pieces, Abby! Love them all, and most the last one. Enjoy your freedom to creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby...so good to see you back in your element! fabulous creations as always.
    Enjoy your retirement but get plenty of rest too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely set of artwork. Yes it's always good to be able to get back to making art. I do like your lettering very much in the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of these. All this art AND getting ready for Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You continue to have such an amazing selection of art! The ATC especially grabs my attention as I think friendship is so important. Unfortunately, being an artist type person, it's difficult to have many male friends as they just don't understand us artists. I've always been fascinating by gypsies. I guess that's not surprising since us artist types all have some gypsy in our souls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! it's really hard sometimes to comment on everything at once... The Pam Carricker piece is excellent, the gypsy queen is cool, the African piece is so evocative, and the baker looks a lot like how I feel when needing (I NEVER) want) to bake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Abby, your art is magical!Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved seeing your wonderful blog!!! I see you on digitalmania and other places and now I can follow!!!
    I love your unique style...which means also it is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Gypsy Queen is wonderful.

    Earl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these, Abby. The baking one takes me back, and I love your gypsy queen..

    Your altered photos a la Susan Tuttle are terrific!

    ReplyDelete