Saturday, May 2, 2015



ART and SOLE CALENDAR CHALLENGE...MAY 
May 1, 2015 


Happy May Day Everyone! Don't know where this year is going...I haven't moved on from the beautiful snows of winter yet, but I'm definitely in the minority on that! The months are flying by...maybe that has something to do with age???
This month's calendar challenge from ART and SOLE required participants to make marks... scratching or stamping... into texture paste or thick gesso. I used a bit of both...GOLDEN products. We had to keep part of the original calendar image in our completed piece while adding an image that depicted our star sign (horoscope.) I'm a Gemini, the sign of the twins! Here's the original calendar art by a Canadian artist, Maurice Brazil Prendergast. It looks very  Cezanne-ish to me!  He lived from 1858-1924.

Here's my piece of art for the month of May...

Thanks for stopping by and checking in! I hope to see you next time...

Big Hugs,
abbyj  


4 comments:

  1. wow-what transformation- I love it!! had to go looking for the original calendar, as your end result is so different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun challenge, great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Love the way you have showed your birth sign!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete