Saturday, May 23, 2015

WEDDINGS and STAMPS 
May 23, 2015 

Glorious days, our summer days: I take a deep breath and I'm grateful to be alive to enjoy the day! This is traditionally a time for weddings, so one of my favorite challenge blogs, THE THREE MUSES, has requested that participating artists create an art piece with a WEDDING theme... I got carried away and did two...

 
I found this bride and groom and a story about them online... they were con artists who organized 24 fake weddings to collect the gifts and disappear, only to do it again somewhere else!

COLLAGE OBSESSION declared its theme to be STAMPS. I created a piece of mail art to fit the category...mail art about one of my favorite themes, GYPSIES. Their culture fascinates me! I've done lots of reading on the subject, both non-fiction and fiction.
I hope that  wherever you are, you're enjoying the beautiful outside as I am. I wish you joyful days... hope to see you for my next posting.
Happy Memorial Day,
abbyj


13 comments:

  1. Your collage work is awesome I adore your brides and their grooms so much fun, and your Stamp collage is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Gypsy card- wonderful and rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wedding story, too clever. Wonderful art pieces on the theme.
    Your mail art is gorgeous. Love it, Abby.
    Happy time to you♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story and, of course, your art inspired by the rogue couple! Great image of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the collages and the story

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. MailArt is my thing too and I love, what you created here!!! Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  7. usually not a fan of wedding themed pieces, I really like yours! and also the mail piece of course ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the art, and loved the story of the wedding cons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoyed seeing both your weddings!! Well done. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the story, Abby, and the art is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your wedding pictures, Abby, especially the odd couple on top and the con artists who did it for a living. I'm trying to work out how they would get so many people that they probably didn't know to turn up and bring them gifts.

    ReplyDelete