Friday, June 26, 2015


ART and SOLE CALENDAR CHALLENGE 
July 1, 2015 

 
Happy July 1st...we're smack dab in the middle of our all-too-short summer in Central New York... enjoying it while we can.
Today marks the beginning of Art and Sole's Calendar Challenge for July. The requirements for altering our calendar picture this month are as follows:
1) Keep part of the original picture and incorporate that into the design of the finished piece
2) Use some "bumped up" stenciling for texture
3) Add our own face as a photo or drawing...or a face from a magazine
The original calendar art is a piece by Claude Monet (1840-1926) called CHILD in the ARTIST'S GARDEN.
This was a difficult task for me because I had never done "bumped up stencils" before. I added the texture sparingly...not too obviously...in the flowers, on the woman's skirt, and used a different stencil on the back of the bench. I'm looking forward to seeing how other participants in this calendar challenge handled the technique in their art pieces. I'm not sure it added anything to the art (in my case.) Here's my alteration...
Two more challenge blogs inspired me to play... DIGITAL WHISPER's theme of barefoot sounded like fun...
and TAKE A WORD was looking for the HOT colors of summer...red, orange and yellow.  I turned to my love of graffiti for this one.
That's it for this post. Hope you're enjoying your seasonal days, wherever you are.
Please join me for my next posting...
Big Hugs,
abbyj 

15 comments:

  1. You create so gorgeous digita art, Abby. Love all you did now, perhaps most the graffiti girl with buildings. It's amazing.
    Wish you a happy new week, the first of July♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous pieces Abby!Love each on of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all your collages are fantastic. Great, what you do with the Monet-Painting! Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blend of hot colors and barefoot! Great summertime art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful, beautiful, colorful art this week Abby great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual, a gallery of beautiful, inventive artwork. I love your "barefoot" picture and your "hot colours of summer" for Take a Word. Well, I love all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wonderful playful art to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful artwork! especially love the sewing lady and the city buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glorious work, I love your Barefoot piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful variety in this post! Love the barefoot challenge - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice work!
    Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HA!...love how you added your face as an embroidery piece :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think how you've added your portrait is pure genius!! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE how you incorporated your face - lol Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cool how you added your face to the embroidery, genius!

    ReplyDelete