Saturday, August 1, 2015

ART and SOLE's 
CALENDAR CHALLENGE  
AUGUST 1, 2015 

The last month of our summer... a very short season! But, we do have the most beautiful fall months coming up...Mother Nature's palette is always jaw-dropping!! For now, welcome to August!
My calendar piece this month, for ART and SOLE's Altered Calendar Challenge, is by American  painter, Frank Weston Benson (1862-1951.) He painted "The Silver Screen" in 1921.
In altering the calendar art, I kept part of the original picture...the table top. I built my graffiti and stamped (on watercolor paper) with an apple cutter, toilet paper tube (round and folded...) and I confess, some homemade cardboard cut out pieces, then transferred the paper to the wall behind the table. Finally, I added the silhouetted painter on the ladder. Voila!! The finished product!
Stay well and try to do what makes you happy!
See you for my next blog posting????
Big Hugs,
abbyj
 

4 comments:

  1. I like the last one very much!
    (and the backround of your blog!)
    Herzlich Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is great! Super cool & fun & I love it

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this, you are so clever, always know I am in for a treat when I come here. Totally in awe of your digital skills, you never fail to amaze me and make me smile.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete