Sunday, July 5, 2015

TRIBUTE TO SUMMER 
July 5, 2015 

This is a tribute to summer for DIGITAL WHISPER.
What a spectacular July 4th weekend we shared with our daughter and grandkids. The weather and the company were both ideal! These kinds of days are the best part of our summer memories...always. What could be better than spending time with dear family and friends?
This posting has art that's all about summer. Another piece for DIGITAL WHISPER, (whose theme for the week is summer,) is this piece of memorabilia for me...born in the New York City area, I remember some very hot days when the local Fire Department would open the fire hydrants and let the water spray out so we kids could play in it! It certainly relieved the extreme heat of a NYC summer day...and was sooo much fun!
 TAKE A WORD declared its theme to be windows. The piece I created continued the summer theme...
Finally, THE THREE MUSES had their collective heads in the sky...checking out the stars. I created a summer starry night with fireflies as well...love those bright nights and planetarium-like starry skies...magical!
I hope you're enjoying your days and nights wherever you are. Thanks for stopping by. See you next time...
Sending big hugs and good wishes,
abbyj  

16 comments:

  1. You make lovely art! I always enjoy visiting your place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trip down memory lane with your beautiful art. Thanks for sharing all of them with us. They are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What magnificent vintage images ot summer gorgeous everyone...great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful summery art and your window also conveys a summertime scene- love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me with the image of children cooling off in the fire hydrant spray, but then...oh fireflies! I do remember catching them, such magical creatures. So happy we have an abundance of them in NC. I love going out in the evening with our pups and watching the blinking fireflies in the trees. Thanks Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful parcel of goodies, Abby. Love them all. It's winter in my part of the world but I can feel the warmth through your gorgeous artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, what a fascinating collection of gorgeous digital art. Every piece is wonderful. Love your art, Abby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning. I particularly love the window one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing your beautiful art pieces. Beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've captured summer in so many beautiful ways! I'd love to see some fireflies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This piece is so wonderful and brings back some lovely memories as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many wonderful summer pictures, I love them all! Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative pieces :)
    Thanks for playing in my challenge

    ReplyDelete