Tuesday, August 25, 2015

DIGITALMANIA, etc.
AUGUST 25, 2015 
Always a good art challenge on Flicker's challenge group, DIGITALMANIA, "still life" is the up coming theme. So many ideas, but definitely didn't want to do the typical fruit or veggie grouping. I created these two still life pieces instead...what do you think?
A pictorial ode to my love of music and dance...
This is in the study at an old convent where I stay when visiting Orvieto, Italy...the flower petals are from their beautiful garden.
Other online art groups were equally challenging... DIGITAL WHISPER's thoughts turned to "rust..." one of nature's way of aging some metals. I love passing by old farmhouses with rusty vehicles out in front...
SUNDAY POSTCARD  ART  requested the creation of something "fishy!" I called on Dr. Seuss for a little inspiration...
THE THREE MUSES issued a very unusual challenge. They posed the question "if you could have any super power, what would it be?" How would YOU answer that? Instead of thinking reality, I thought fantasy and wished I had the power to heal the world. This is my representation of that power...
Finally, TAKE A WORD  challenged artists to take a vintage photo and put it in a new, modern setting... the poor hippie chick with the spikey hair, is too cool to use an umbrella in the rain. Our vintage girl doesn't want to get wet!! Smart!
That's it for this posting...lots of art, but sooo much fun to create!! Please join me for my next posting. Thanks for stopping by...

Big Hugs,
abbyj 

10 comments:

  1. oh, what a mixed and rich post!
    Herzlich Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby i am loving all your digital pieces, you are very talented my friend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous week in art for you your collages are superb and fun to look at... I especially like your rust great job on all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy. Gorgeous art pieces. Like all. Love your fish card. Beautiful feeling of an early morning fishing - I suppose.
    Have a great time, Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A visit here is like a walk down "art alley"..always an enjoyable stroll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful collection of art, Abby. I love all of them, especially your piece for today's TAW which is a witty and wonderful contrast between old and new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can never really put all my oh's and ah's into words when I come here. Your work is always amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abby, it is fun coming to your blog because I get to view your Digitalmania pieces again along with several for other groups. Your RUST challenge for DW is fantastic too. (You might want to fix your link in Digital Whisper as it only takes you to your piece of art and not your blog where members can leave you comments.) Your art is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete