Wednesday, September 30, 2015

ART and SOLE CALENDAR CHALLENGE 
OCTOBER 1, 2015 

 I can't imagine that it's October 1st and here in Central New York, it's feeling very Fall-ish. Leaves are crunchy underfoot and the colors of the trees and bushes are turning into vibrant, rich shades of gold, red, rust and brown...it's the most beautiful of our four seasons.


The beginning of each month is "reveal time" for the ART and SOLE CALENDAR CHALLENGE. This month, our task was to:
1- Keep part of the original art in the finished piece
2-Technique- use water, bleach or rubbing alcohol to remove color to create a pattern
3-Add- add something or use the style of a famous artist. Tell us which artist and why you like him/her.

The October artist on my calendar is American painter, John Singer Sargent (1856-1925.) The picture is a portrait of "Mrs. Fiske Warren and Her Daughter Rachel." Here's the original...
and here's my reworked piece based on the art of  Vincent Van Gogh, brilliant but unstable Dutch Post-Impressionist artist. I love his style because of his bold, vibrant, energetic and confident strokes... confident  in spite of his troubled life.
Thanks for checking in...I hope you'll return for my next posting. Stay well... I wish you a happy heart!
Big Hugs,
abbyj  

4 comments:

  1. Nice calendar! I love the energy of it, as I love the energy in Van Gogh's paintings. Fall is my favorite season, too - love the crisp days, angled light, and turning leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love what you have done with Sargent's masterpiece, I believe your bold strokes ala Van Gogh you added are spectacular. It is hard to believe you have such gorgeous Fall color. All of the rain has caused everything to begin to "green up" again, making it look more like Spring :-) I am sure our cooler temps will cause the shift before long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i do love the Van Gogh brush marks, I never thought I would like his work until I saw it in person and fell in love. The texture and movement is stunning and you captured that beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete