Sunday, July 17, 2016

WE WANT PEACE 
JULY 17, 2016 

With the world in such tremendous turmoil and an unsatisfactory election looming ahead, we all need to pray for peace and respect for one another. With all our traveling, I must admit that this is the first time I've ever been concerned about safety. I didn't even really think about it after 9/11! When challenge blog, THE THREE MUSES, declared its subject for the week to be "the printed word," my thoughts  immediately turned to the unrest in my heart. Here's what emerged...

I wish you safe passage as you navigate through the week...in your heart and as you move from place to place. If you're having a hard time, I wish you relief...if you're unwell, I wish you better health. Most of all, I wish you love.

Thanks for checking in.
Big Hugs...until my next posting,
abbyj 

6 comments:

  1. Amen...Thank you, and I wish the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great art piece, Abby. And I agree with what you wrote 100%. My piece for the challenge is a dark theme, because of the current US and world unrest. I am very concerned about several aspects of what has been going on, and what might occur next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your kind wishes and your beautiful evocative artwork.
    When I'm feeling unsettled I like to think of my favorite scripture...
    Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artistic pictures and so sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderfully strong pieces of art, thoughtful and with a message we should heed.

    ReplyDelete