Saturday, August 13, 2011

JUST ART

PLAYING WITH ART 
August 13, 2011 

From inside my cool cave, where I stand for a bit, sit for a bit and lie down more than I'd like, I write this edition of The Vivere...Life! This week it's just art... answering challenges and simply playing! But first, my current 6-Word Memoir (as created by SMITH MAGAZINE...)
"I CAN create...I CAN'T draw!"
Swinging Through the Ages
The two pieces above were created for fun... not to answer a challenge... although challenges are good fun as well. I worked with THE THREE MUSES on their map theme...
 Actually, Chief Louis Farmer was my friend. He was a sitting chief for the Onondaga Nation, one of the 6 nations of the Iroquois Nations or Confederacy. The Onondaga Reservation is quite close to our home and I have several dear friends there... friends for almost 25 years. They've been a real gift in my life as I hope I have been in theirs... Louie's gone now, but I remember his stories and keep him in my heart... 
"Brothers in Arms"
This piece answers a CRAZY AMIGO challenge that offered participating artists free reign to follow wherever our muses led us... mine was remembering our service men and women... our armed forces... who risk their lives to keep our country safe- the struggles are ever increasing and the risks seem insurmountable! I'm grateful and in awe of their commitment and bravery! Will there EVER be peace throughout the world?

That's it for this posting...thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again...

xox,
abbyj 

12 comments:

  1. These are great pieces. I love the creativeness and designs. The way you put the layers together is amazing. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ALL can draw till someone tells us we cannot...so draw mon cher as if the fate of the world depended on it---I get too involved to draw so I collage-liberating-because I can do things quickly that would take eons in other forms....Thanks for your nice note on my blog-hope we see you more often on Collage Obsession!!

    Cheers
    RSD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby
    Amazing layers beautiful art.
    Ill share your blog with my group
    Lillian
    http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediaart/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abby! You have made wonderful pieces of art again. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I'm sorry I haven't commented or posted more often lately, but I have been really busy with our co-operative's new shop. But I'll be back as soon as things calm down. I wish you beautiful days for creating art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Abby, your piece for the Three Muses is absolutely stunning my friend. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your positive, encouraging comments, friends!

    'Til Soon,
    abbyj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful art. The Three Muses piece is a 5-star winner! The Chief would be honored, I'm sure! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful, great pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Abby, I love your art. It is very compelling and moving. But I don't wanna hear any more of that "can't" talk. Now repeat after me: I can draw,yes I can! You just have to do it. I just recently bought a book that has 52 exercises in learning to relax and just draw. http://tinyurl.com/Drawing-Lab-52-Exercises
    You might like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful meaningful art...excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The piece with the little girl are so intriguing (but those gargoyles are a little bit scary)! And the chief Louis Farmer piece is such a beautiful tribute!

    ReplyDelete