Sunday, May 19, 2013

POTPOURRI
May 19, 2013
 
 
Sweet boy deserves a hopeful future...
(For Digitalmania, Inspired by Loui Jover)
This has been a fun few days of arting for me... down with a sinus infection...stuck in the house! I'd like to share my art with you!
The piece for the 6-word memoir (above) is based on a little Namibian boy...a member of a bushman community in southern Africa. It's done in the style of  the  Turkish surreal artist, Gurbuz Dogan Eksioglu, (I dare you to try to pronounce his entire name.) It's for the Flicker's  DIGITALMANIA online art group.
The next artist whose work Digitalmania artists are examining (and whose art I much prefer)  is from the area of  Queensland,  Australia ...talented enough to produce all forms of art... written as well as painting, sculpture, illustration, mixed media... he's art personified! His name... Loui Jover. I really enjoy looking at the work of this artist... he's new to me! Here are a few pieces I did in his style...


 
For the CREAVIL'S CHALLENGE-BLOG  and THE THREE MUSES, both calling for patterns, I offer the piece below...grab your blinders!!!


Finally, TAKE A WORD challenge blog requested art with a "sewing" theme. I love the vintagey feel of this lady on her old Singer machine...


Wishing you and yours a good, peaceful (but fun) week ahead. Please check back soon for a new posting...thanks for checking into THIS one!
 
Hugs,
abbyj


21 comments:

  1. all are so lovely. I esp like the sewing one. fun to create in the style of an artist I may have to give this a go. visiting from CO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very strong pieces. Somehow, the nostalgia of the sewing piece appeals to me very much, although I love the graphic strength of the Loui Jover pieces, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've created wonderful pieces. Thanks for joining us at Creavil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sewing picture is beautiful vintage collage with spools of threads, Abbyj!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every piece is exquisite, Abby. You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Abby- you have been busy! Love the Loui Jover- perfectly done for the challenge as well as the other wonderful entries!

    Lori

    Foxglove Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful! I love the vintage thread and sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each is more beautiful than the last, Abby! I love the preview of your Jover work as well. BRAVO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Jover work is simply stunning. And I love your sewing challenge. Gorgeous! (As is all your work)! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All so great, but to focus on the TAW theme, your sewing pic is so nostalgic ... To most it looks vintage, but it takes me back to my youth when my sister and I made all our own clothes on a machine like this. I like the way you have layered so that all layers show. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Abby I am astounded at your varied and wonderful creations each one is gorgeous...bravo my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful collection, Abby. Gorgeous artwork (I have already been lurking in your Photostream and have seen your most beautiful Jover pieces). Your two pieces - for Take a Word and the Three Muses are fantastic. I think I am going to sue Taluula for giving me a migraine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each one is a masterpiece, Abby, I love your Loui Jover pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love all of them, especially the thought provoking and sad ones in the first part! excellent work, abby!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work, as always Abby, is wonderful. It is alwYs such a pleasure to vist your blog. The black and white stripes for three muses is fab, but I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your collages are wonderful! You black-and-white stripe one is very eye-catching, like a piece of op art!!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wouaouh Abby, your art around Loui Jover is a pure perfection!!
    Take a bow!
    I love all your others entries too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all great , Abby I love your Loui pieces, they are so unique. and the stripey one is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like them all but I really like the girl with the blue eye I am off to have a look at this artist that inspired you to create these lovely works! Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice post. I absolutely appreciate this website.
    Continue the good work!

    My web site test if port is open

    ReplyDelete