Wednesday, May 15, 2013

THIRD WEEK IN MAY
May 15, 2013
 
 
Beautiful green of spring lifts spirits!


We spent a wonderful Mother's Day weekend with our daughter and grandkids. Our grandson played in an awesome concert...a player in the coronet section...so proud of him. He's a young musician like his Dad... the youngest player in the group!! 


We also had tickets  for the blockbuster Broadway hit, THE BOOK OF MORMON .  By the same people who wrote the TV series SOUTH PARK (that we never watched,) this show was hilarious and the music was memorable. Its message for me was that having faith...believing in something larger than yourself...gives you hope! Most enjoyable...
On to the art...
COLLAGE OBSESSION's challenge blog asked us to include steps or a staircase in our art... I played with a photo taken at an ancient temple in Cambodia's Siem Reap.
SUNDAY POSTCARD ART  was interested in seeing chevron shapes... I used one of many photos of a zebra ...loved playing with this one!
 TAKE A WORD is honoring MOTHERS for another week...I honor mine!
Finally, THE THREE MUSES let their weekly challenge  participants run wild...the only thing required was the use of any quote we'd like. I used one from Mark Twain who said "The Creator made Italy from designs by Michaelangelo."  (Truer words were never said!!!) I played with a photo taken in Cortona, Italy. I love the ancient stairs and portions of an equally ancient fresco on the wall.
 
 Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you for the next posting. Have a great week...
 
Big Hugs,
abbyj


9 comments:

  1. As always, Abby, your artwork is sensational, and the Mark Twain quote perfect. Each piece in this post is gorgeous, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- wonderful expressions here! Glad to hear you had a fun Mother's day. My son started on the French Horn and Sax and he is now a professional musician- I remember those young years!

    Best,
    Lori
    Foxglove Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. Both of your images with stairs are great.

    Earl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great art, Abby. I especially like the bit on Italy. It's beautiful. I'm so glad you participate regularly in our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tank you for your postcard ART!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know WOW is a bit of a 'get-out' instead of a proper comment, but these are all so very WOW.
    The Cambodian image and quote are so good, but the Italian steps even top that lovely image. The figure on the steps and the fresco. So lovely. Now that zebra is inspired - I had never really thought about the stripes forming chevrons in places, and you have made me look at zebra stripes in a different, more careful way. Making a viewer look at life more carefully and think about what you have done are a great purpose in making art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection Abby! Your work is so cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This week's art is super, Abby, and I love the quotes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every weekend i used to go to see this web site, because i wish for enjoyment, since this this site conations truly fastidious funny stuff too.


    Here is my webpage castle clash hack ()

    ReplyDelete