Saturday, November 12, 2011

JUST THINKING...

About Things   
November 12, 2011 
 "Connect with friends old and new"
  
I'm in awe of the technology that enables me to find and reconnect with friends from long ago who may or may not be far away: people who were dear to me but have moved residence or those with whom I became friends after brief, fleeting meetings...friends with whom I've lost contact although they're still in my heart. My 6 word memoir today is a tribute to FACEBOOK and its co-creators. Through FACEBOOK, I have reconnected with friends from decades ago, friends with whom I grew up, friends in far away places, other countries...it's a brilliant means of keeping in touch with dear ones past and present, far and near...AMAZING!!

 Blog challenge site, THREE MUSES invited artists to explore their thoughts about WINDOWS. My thoughts turned to two of my favorite art subjects...trains (above) and graffiti...

Two of my favorite challenge blogs, the COLLAGE OBSESSION and THINK MONDAY-THINK ATC, both had artists thinking about black cats...STILL! The particular cat in my picture has a fascination and curiosity with graffiti... just as I do. She especially loves the window sill overlooking the alley with a huge crow. She can be found there just gazing out (or sleeping) for hours at a time! It's her "go to" place!

Yet another of my favorite art subjects is the Roma or Traveler population found throughout Eastern and Central Europe... the Gypsies. Happily for me, Gypsy Spirit is the subject for this week's blog...  SOARTFUL CHALLENGES.

Thanks so much for stopping by for this short posting...hope to see you for my next!

xox,
abbyj

6 comments:

  1. More great art from your heart Abby...love the stories they tell too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful bevvy of artwork Abby. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such great style.. what a fantastic array of gorgeous projects! Love them all. Thanks so much for joining us at So Artful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work as usual! xo

    (Where can I get that "gypsy" outfit? :P )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your interpretation of the windows challenge, Abby. I enjoyed the other art pieces as well. Very bnice work!

    ReplyDelete