Thursday, May 10, 2012

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE 
May 10, 2012 

"Church/Savior, St. Petersburg, Russia...Gorgeous!"  
Writing you from St. Petersburg, Russia where we've seen some extraordinary sights, among them the Cathedral above. It's beautiful beyond words. More on the sights and sounds of Russia as the days pass...internet permitting. It's very slow and sometimes selects what it passes along :( ! But, I'll try, starting with this week's posting. 
For ART and SOLE's POSTCARD CHALLENGE 2012, we actually traveled to this part of the world...BULGARIA! This month, they'll be celebrating a national culture day as they pay homage to the two men who created the Bulgarian alphabet...pre-cyrillic! Read all about it on the message side of my postcard below.
Much of my challenge art was done on our long journey to get to Russia. I haven't been able to download them until now, though... internet service, as I said earlier, is somewhat limited.
In honor of Mother's Day... for family and friends who are mothers... and for readers I may not know yet who are mothers...THIS IS FOR YOU and for the CRAZY AMIGO blog challenge: Mother and Child...
SUNDAY POSTCARD ART challenged artists with a CHICKEN RUN theme...mine weren't running, just standing, sitting and perching!
TAKE A WORD's challenge blog was thinking about GENTLEMEN...always a fun subject for the ladies!! What is it that constitutes a "Gentleman?"
Finally, COLLAGE OBSESSION challenged us with the subject of DOORS...one of my personal favorite things to photograph!! I built the following scene to fulfill the challenge requirements...
I'm going to hurry and publish this while I still have internet power...here's hoping!! I wish you all a Happy Mother's Day (those of you to whom this applies...)  See you for my next posting...

Hugs,
abbyj

17 comments:

  1. Your chicken card is lovely, dear Abby, thanks for playing! Hope you have a good time on your journey and will tell us more soon! Don´t forget to take hundreds of pictures ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are beautiful, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and sad- very nice work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work! How fortunate you are to be able to travel to Russia. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy, love your Bulgaria Postcard! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. St Petersburg is on my list of places I want to visit (either on a Baltic cruise or from the river cruise from Moscow to St Petersburg, or by itself). Great photo. As always, I love the postcard from Bahati. The chickens made me laugh. The man is so well done. The door photo is full of movement (most door photos are static; this is a cool accomplishment). Have a great time in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super card & loving your works

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your challenge art is so well done and original, very fun to see!!!
    Really love bulgaria!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful artwork as usual!!!!! So glad I stopped by. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your trip sounds wonderful, love your images!
    I'm impressed you're keeping up with your postcards, nothing better than Bulgaria from the heart of the area! fab M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Bulgaria postcard is lovely :o)

    You've been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your art is amazing! :)Wonderful postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from Collage Obsession. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful images and well done for carrying on whilst away. Super postcards.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous artwork and great postcards.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete