Saturday, September 1, 2012

PLAYTIME 
September 1, 2012 
  
Hi Folks,
Hope you're enjoying your long Labor Day weekend (if you're in the USA...) I've taken the opportunity to do some playing in Photoshop, answering a few more art blog challenges. I'd like to share them with you...

The first is for SUNDAY POSTCARD ART whose subject is DOORS...mine has a romantic twist!

Next is for CREAVIL CHALLENGE BLOG. Their subject is MEN...a card designed especially for the male of the species!  I wanted to do something about the evolution of man, graffiti style, as I LOVE graffiti...

Finally, I combined two subjects in one piece: TAKE A WORD requested something with NUMBERS and THE THREE MUSES challenged us to create a piece for SCHOOL DAYS...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend as well as the week ahead. Hope to see you for the next posting. Coming up on this blog's 2 year anniversary... thanks for your ongoing support. I really appreciate your interest!  :)

Hugs,
abbyj

18 comments:

  1. I love them all, Abby. The SPA piece may have a romantic twist, but it's a rather macabre one! I loved the evolution of man, and the schoolday/number piece is very clever. Applause!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collages all three...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your 3 challeng entries, but my favorite is your school days collage. The colors and your use of text are fabulous. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all great. Your Doors piece is very dramatic and the graffiti piece looks very much like it should have a Banksy tag under it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the humor of the evolution piece. I think there's something haunting about the dancers. The school piece has great energy. All three reflect your excellent photoshop skills and humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three great collages. I love the spot of color in the doors one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three collages are so nice. I'm glad that I don't have to choose a favorite. But...if I did... I think it would be the terrific school collage. That is a difficult subject for me and you did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colourful combination of 'school days' and 'numbers!'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely image for TAW, seeing the children heading on the school bus. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely school collage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three great challenges! All wonderful!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the combo of numbers and back to school- a great collage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your SPA card is lovely - I particularly like the way you have the figures in silouhette and everything but the door (and what shows past it) in black and white.

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative pieces. Love the sense of humor of the MALE one and the school one is so fun and energetic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. all of them are gorgeous! especially love the darwin one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your pieces, thank you for joining in with school days at the Three Muses.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, wat fantastic cards. Thanks for showing your great men-card for paperminutes. hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete