Tuesday, April 9, 2013

MIXED BAG
April 9, 2013

Greetings to you! I hope all is well in your corner of the world. In my corner, I think we're finally finished with the snow. It's been a few days now with no sign of the white stuff and there are lots of small green shoots pushing through the hard earth...amazing to me how the slenderest bits of green have so much strength and determination!!

I have a few art pieces to share... the challenge art blogs are always busy and stimulating.
The TAKE A WORD blog asked us to create anything "botanical"  and challenge blog, THE THREE MUSES, wanted to see the "written word." Here's my art for both...

SUNDAY POSTCARD ART waxed nostalgic in asking for a "vintage telephone" piece...

COLLAGE OBSESSION was obsessed with "faces..." I went a little crazy with this, creating some in the  style of collage artist, Michelle Caplan...
"My Love"


"Our Girl"


"Total Fun"
and one in my own, busy style...

"Life"


Thanks for peeking in. See you next posting?

        Enjoy your week!

        Big Hugs,
        abby j

15 comments:

  1. Love,love,love the switch board operator!!!!!! Awsome vintage card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing selection of your art, Abby, love the botanical pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great art all. Strangely enough, Michele Caplan is our artist of inspiration this next week at Digitalmania. You should enter your pieces there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous peces all Abby. I particularly love the botanicals with the written word. Somehow they go together so well.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing collection Abby!They all show your wonderful talent. Bravo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. And a beautiful mixed bag it is. I love the botanical/word combination piece. The vintage piece is fabulous. I love your people--those children are adorable--and hooray for the little girl calling all creatives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all fabulous, Abby! It's always a treat to view your art all at once, so many different expressive styles. I love your Michelle Caplan-esque faces, what a great style she (and you) have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mixed bag is a delightful array art. I particularly love the family pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your art, they all are beautiful and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another grand post! The botanical/written word is lovely. Your art with photographs is gorgeous. And, the faces! Well I love the faces. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great selections - love the "My Love" and "Our Girl".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love all of your pieces! You've sure been busy creating. Glad you participated in Collage Obsession this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowee, you are on a roll here with some absolutely stunning work. A standing ovation from my corner, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your lovely, creative collages!

    I see from your sidebar that you are enjoying reading "The Night Circus"! I am currently reading it too and am savoring it like a box of chocolates! I don't remember when I have enjoyed a book so much!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just really really adore your botanical page!!!!!!Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete