Saturday, June 22, 2013

A MONTH OF SUNSHINE AND ROMANCE
June 22, 2013
 


After 49 years, our love continues! 

June is definitely a month of romance. Michael and I just celebrated 49 years of marriage...amazing to me. He's my best friend, my love and the most outstanding man I've ever known. I feel so fortunate... the above photo is from our Bermuda honeymoon...when we were children!!  :)
THREE MUSES challenge blog named "June bride" as their art theme this week. I used a photo of a dear friend who lives in Russia...a girl I've known since she was 6. She's now in her mid-twenties and has a daughter. I wish her a long, happy marriage. The sun, the summer solstice is behind them, lighting their new path together... (CRAZY AMIGO  and SUNDAY POSTCARD ART had the basic sunshine theme...this is for them as well.)
 
TAKE A WORD wanted to see an example of true happiness depicted in our art piece... to me, the piece below radiates pure joy! When you hear the African women singing, doing whatever work they're doing...you KNOW they're feeling joy in their hearts...
 
Finally, INSPIRATION AVENUE had us thinking about the beautiful and iconic Audrey Hepburn for this week's art piece...
 
Hope you enjoy your weekend... My next blog posting will be to review a book I've read recently and LOVED... please check back in a few days.
 
Thanks for stopping by...
Hugs,
abbyj


16 comments:

  1. Fabulous art- congrats on your anniversary- (we're at 39 years)! Love the street art- we have an Italian street painting festival coming up soon. Your post is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pieces are wonderful! And congratulations on 49 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, lovely work this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work for the week is lovely congratulations on 49 years of wedded bliss that is wonderful. I especially like the bright and colorful happiness picture beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful contributions to all these challenges! and congrats to such a long marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these art pieces are so lovely! You have such a unique, creative touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Anniversary. I absolutely love your joyous African ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards on all counts! Thank you for sharing - Happy Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your African ladies are wondrously joyful. I love the bright colors and the sense of movement. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well shoot. I thought I was the world's most outstanding man. Oh well. Maybe my wife got gypped. But happy anniversary! I love to dance, so I think your piece about joy and dancing is perfect for "happiness." I love that photo of Audrey Hepburn! She was truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! 49! Congrats. Beautiful pieces, I love especially the dancing pic. Pure Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is always such a pleasure to check your blog. Gorgeous work and great art as always

    ReplyDelete
  13. True happiness is a browse through Abby's blog!! Thanks for cheering me up. All three are lovely pieces. The True Happiness picture is exceptional!! Congrats on your 49th. You are indeed blessed to have such a wonderful husband.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work this week is tremendous! And many congratulations on your wedding anniversary! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations from me too! Your art is always

    ReplyDelete
  16. 49 years, congratulations!! I love all your work, but the dancing women makes my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete