Friday, September 13, 2013

A FEW FUN PICTURES
September 13, 2013
 
Hi Folks,
It's almost the weekend...here's hoping you enjoy yours!! We're supposed to have cooler, more fall-like days and sunshine. All good......
 
I'd like to share a few pictures I've worked on or found recently...fun pictures, I think!
INSPIRATION AVENUE's challenge blog asked us to show them our "Kodak Moments..."  mine are real. I actually photographed both pictures...this with my iphone in Nepal...
and this with my 35mm Nikon in Venice, Italy one Christmas...
In my mind, both of these definitely qualify as Kodak moments!! Don't they?
 
For THINK MONDAY-THINK ATC, as per their request for a clown or harlequin, I chose the harlequin...
 
Finally, for Flicker's DIGITALMANIA, I find that I'm trying to actually draw and sketch...only faces, but it's a start! This week, we were introduced to and inspired by artist Kelly Rae Roberts. You can find out about her here! This is an example of her art...
 and here are my two pieces that she inspired...
Thanks for stopping in. Hope you liked what you saw... :)
See you next posting?

Big Hugs,
abbyj





 
 




8 comments:

  1. These are all great. Your Kodak moments are delightful (2009 must have been a great year with both Nepal and Venice trips). I'm very impressed with your faces. And, I'm really excited at seeing you in a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your Kodak moments raise a smile - you have a great ability to capture the moment. Your faces are lovely, I don't know how you can say your are starting to draw when your drawing ability is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they are definitely Kodak moments! Those Santas are fun! I like your Kelly Rae inspired paintings, they're beautiful. Kelly Rae is an amazing artist, she has inspired me so much over the last three or four years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your Kodak Moment photos! My husband just came back from trekking in Nepal and didn't have a photo of the monks like you captured them! He did mention that they ALL have cell phone, tho! Ah, Western culture has made it's way to the quite places in the world.
    Great captures for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your "Kodak Moments" ~ so amusing that all are garbed in red, but so very different otherwise. So many Santas lol!
    Your faces are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two photos seem so exotic. Truly some interesting Kodak moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Kodak Moments! I am so glad that I sutmbled upon your blog. I work for Kodak Alaris and would love to use your picture with the monks for a charity project. I wasn't able to find a contact point. It would be very great if we could talk about this.Can you tweet to me? Cheers, Janina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good info. Lucky me I discovered your site by chance (stumbleupon).
    I've saved it for later!

    my homepage - Animas Online Hack

    ReplyDelete