Tuesday, January 28, 2014

REMEMBERING...and CHALLENGES
January 28, 2014
 

Hi Dear Ones,
For me, the month of February is a special time for remembering two of my closest and dearest...  my Mom's birthday was February 3rd...she gave me my love of music... and my Nana's was February 12th...she taught me how to love! In the photo above, there are four generations of women on my Mom's side...my Mom, Nana, Michelle (at 1 year 5 months,) and me! If we were to make that photo today, there'd be  an additional  generation... Michelle's daughter, Lilly, now 9!

 
On to the art challenges...TAKE A WORD asked to see something about "couples..." My art turned to romance!
 
SUNDAY POSTCARD ART only wanted to see "faces." My face is braving the snow...appropriate for a Central New York woman!
 
I did two pieces for THE THREE MUSES  this week because the first one..."word..." is a bit late to enter on their website. We were asked to pick one of our favorite words and illustrate it. The word I picked was a long word...  SESQUIPEDALIAN. I know many more sesquipedalians than I'd like!!
 
Their request for this week is a piece of art including a silhouette...
 
So pleased that you stopped by for this posting. Please come back soon...and enjoy the rest of your week and weekend!
 
Big Hugs,
abbyj
 



13 comments:

  1. Great art, Abby. I love the way you used the silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, all of them are lovely!Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your family and the memories! It appears that you've used silhouettes in two of your digital collages. Both of them are fascinating! The romance is beautiful, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun on your collages! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely family Abby, thanks for sharing thewonderful photo! All your art works are now especially gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great selection of art, Abby! Thanks so much for joining in with my faces theme at SPA this week - yours is intriguing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great art, great memories, great imagination. Bravo Abby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the family portrait (my mom's birthday was Feb 6, so February is full of loving memories for me, too). The winter face is a very strong image. I was going to write my response using very long words to honor "sesquipedalian," but it read way too stilted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see your old family photo. I have one of us with 5 generations, but sadly that's 4 again now.
    You have a marvellous selection of art for the challenges! Wonderful Abby! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love every one, the silhouette appeals to me most, the girl is so pretty. As for sesqui-etc, from childhood I loved finding and learning long words, still do. Sesqui..... Has a lovely squishy sound and at the same time suggests bike rides. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved trolling through your art pieces, Abby....all great! Now I must hurry to the dictionary to see what the heck a sesquipadalian is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If anyone should know the meaning of the word it's our Bev - a very articulate and, dare I say, a fellow pedantic. Seriously, I am here to comment on your pieces, Abby. Your blog is a joy to behold. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The church established All Saints Day on November 1. The article states "The president has gotten us involved in a war, but they won't call it a war," says Peter Wehner, another Bush White House veteran. find a bunch to aid
    you with questing when starting out, you should do.


    Check out my page - Minion rush hack

    ReplyDelete