Tuesday, May 13, 2014

PLAYING WITH ART
May 13, 2014 
Hi Family and Friends,
I trust your week has started on an up note...I've spent some of my time trying to work the pounds off at the gym, keeping my limbs and muscles stretched and loose, finishing a book that I loved (Sue Monk Kidd's THE INVENTION of WINGS) and creating some challenge blog digital art pieces on the computer. I'd like to share them with you.
SUNDAY POSTCARD ART asked for a creation with DOORS...I used a piece of graffiti I photographed long ago in Barcelona, Spain, put it on a door I photographed in Italy, and added a Central New York dog...
Next, TAKE A WORD was thinking back to times of CHILDHOOD...so was I, creating a mixed media and photoshopped piece...
and finally, for THE THREE MUSES, they challenged participating artists to create POSTAGE STAMP PEOPLE... I used the same stamp for both because I couldn't decide which to use...


Thanks for checking in...enjoy the rest of your week.
'Til my next,
Hugs,
abbyj
 .

13 comments:

  1. Lovely work. The door piece is so colorful and fun and the stamps ones are both so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these two postage people, Abby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your art works are exquisite. They are full of beautiful details.
    Love your art, Abbyj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your childhood piece and your stamp people are just gorgeous Abby! Greetings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I absolutely love the dog looking at the graffiti cat. The childhood faces are enchanting; and the postage ladies are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stamp people, Abby, and I love your childhood piece. Also, your new blog banner is a real winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for all these pieces, I love them all in their different ways. I love your new header too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your artwork in fabulous your post you header...excellent

    ReplyDelete
  9. All wonderful works! I really like the dog looking at the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your energetic stamp people, Abby, and your 'childhood' piece is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pieces, every one. I like the childhood piece very much with the practice lettering page section below the faces. Very tender piece. And the stamp people are great, and the door gave me a big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to
    be actually something which I think I would never
    understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang
    of it!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog - Line let's get rich hack

    ReplyDelete