Thursday, May 7, 2015

Blog Art Challenges

BLOG ART CHALLENGES
May 7, 2015 
"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? "   Milton Berle  

Happy Mother's Day to those amazing dear ones, alive in our hearts always. I wish you a pampered day... one that makes your heart sing! (The art piece above, "Splish Splash," I created for the TAKE A WORD challenge blog in honor of Mother's Day.)
DIGITAL WHISPER challenge blog requested we create art including a train... one of my favorite subjects. Here's what was entered... 
 
MIX-IT-MONTHLY's chosen theme: A Happy Couple. To me, this represents a couple who has been married a long time, living through thick and thin TOGETHER!! In this piece, they're braving a rainy day...
and here's a young couple doing the same...
THE THREE MUSES was interested in a piece of art featuring a chicken or similar fowl...
Finally, last but definitely not least, Flicker's DIGITALMANIA ,asked us to be inspired by artist DJ Pettitt... someone with whom I've taken a workshop and consider my friend. A very talented artist and easy to be inspired by... Here's an example of her art...
and here are my two pieces inspired by DJ's style...

Thanks for checking in (again.) Please do return. I love sharing my art and thoughts with you!

Hugs and love,
abbyj .

16 comments:

  1. These are all exceptional! Thanks for participating in my Train Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so productive with all your challenges. Because I also have taken classes from her and love her, your DJ piece is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work with the happy couples, have a nice weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I am totally amazed by your work! So very love the mix of painting and digital work...so awesome when met!! Your happy couples make my heart sing! ♥ Conny Mix It Monthly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super art, Abby. Love them all and difficult to say which of them most. Maybe the first and last one are my favorits.
    Have a happy weekens xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so loved seeing all your art. Beautiful techniques with lots of textures and love your color palette!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pieces! I especially like the train!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An impressive eclectic mix of your art, Abby, love the splash splash piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with the vintage photo (splish splash). In fact, I enjoyed each and every piece as I scrolled down. You've been a busy art-er! Lovely work all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing pieces. I like especially the couples in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing artworks, I love especially taking a bath and the last one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope that chicken hasn't found a relative in that grocery basket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing art, Abby! I especially love the chicken in the shopping cart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, I am blown away by the range of your talent. I especially like the DJ Pettitt inspired pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Abby, I so love coming to your blog and spending ten minutes enjoying what you have created this week. I love it all, and I love your 'chicken in a basket' but I absolutely adore the old couple struggling 'together' through that rainy day. A standing ovation from England.

    ReplyDelete
  16. interesting work. this kind of art is new to me. loved it.

    ReplyDelete