Monday, June 1, 2015

MASKS, MYTHOLOGY and STEAMPUNK
June 1, 2015 
We had a lovely, but rainy weekend in Toronto with our daughter and grandkids.. it was a perfect happy birthday for me!! We were even able to cheer for our 12 year old grandson as he scored two hockey goals and several assists...he IS Canadian, after all!!
On the 4  hour car ride each way, I had lots of time to do some blog challenges on my ipad. The art apps on the ipad are wonderful, but don't allow for very intricate work like Photoshop. I created a few pieces to share...
For COLLAGE OBSESSION, I invite you to Venice for Carnivale... extraordinary masks and costumes!
Greek Mythology is SUNDAY POSTCARD ART's theme this week. I chose to create a piece with ICARUS, the son of a master craftsman who, with the help of wings his father constructed, flew too close to the sun. This caused the wax holding the  wings together to melt and Icarus to fall into the sea.
Finally, "steampunk" is the subject for TAKE A WORD. Steampunk refers to a sub-genre of science fiction and sometimes fantasy. In recent years, it also can describe a fashion and lifestyle movement. Steampunk incorporates technology and design inspired by 19th century industrial steam-powered machinery. My steampunk is animal oriented...a fun piece for me!!
That's it for now. Glad you stopped by. Please DO return before too long.
Enjoy your week... 

Big Hugs,
abbyj 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creative art, Abby. Especially love the Venice mask and the cool serene surrounding. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow to you Icarus postcard. I love it! Thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all three are wonderful! What app do you use on the iPad? I've been wondering what works for this kind of collage - I'd love to play around some on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, Abby, I love all three pieces!

    ReplyDelete