Saturday, December 26, 2015

BACK TO ART... 
December 26, 2015 
Here we are, on the other side of Christmas, with New Years on its heels. For us, it was a quiet Christmas because New Years is THIS year's celebration...January 3rd is our grandson's 13th birthday and we'll be celebrating together! I made THIS for him as he (and our granddaughter) are both HUGE hockey players and fans. Do you think he'll like it?
Now, on to the online art group challenges...it's been a while since I've participated in these and it's fun to get back to them!! Keeps me off the streets :)
First, for the Flicker group, DIGITALMANIA, we were inspired by artist Maud Starr (also known as Heather Murray.) She works with vintage images and creates some textured, interesting backgrounds for them. Here's one of hers...
and here are two of mine in her style.
 


DIGITAL WHISPER administrators asked artists to show them what we think of when we "think Christmas..."
Finally, TAKE A WORD has asked for a creation sporting some red and green and THE THREE MUSES requested a re-worked, well known art masterpiece. This piece met both groups' requirements...
That's it for my getting back into the art challenge mode. I wish you a Happy New Year filled with heart-felt joy, success in what you do...and always, LOVE!
Hope to see you for my next posting...
Big Hugs,
abbyj 
 

3 comments:

  1. It's good to see your digital magic at work again. Your collage for your grandson is perfect. Your challeng pieces are delightful. Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all just wonderful!
    Thanks for taking the time out of your busy life to play in my challenge. I so enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see your art again, Abby. I love the Maud Starr pieces.

    ReplyDelete