Monday, June 6, 2016

BACK TO ART 
June 6, 2016 
  
It feels like it's been FOREVER since I've posted to this blog. The last few months have been more than hectic...we're building a new house from the ground up!! (I guess that's the only way you CAN build a new house...lol!) 
We love our neighborhood, so we'll be staying in the same area... just around the corner and down the street! With our new house, we'll live on the walk-in level and our guest area and workrooms (my craft/art room and Michael's tool room, where he does his magic... fixing and creating,) will be on the lower level. Minimal stairs and very low maintenance...all good things for folks like us who are becoming more elderly by the minute!!  :) We're just about finished selecting everything from door knobs to lights to appliances to flooring...and so much more that we don't normally even think of. The fact that Michael has a background in construction has been a real blessing. 
This is the first time in quite a while that I've had the time and energy to do some challenge art for the online groups that I so enjoy. I'd like to share them with you...
For DEZINAWORLD15 (week 22) the call is for some GRUNGY art...this sad commentary should work!
MIX-IT MONTHLY's theme is FISHES...
and finally, SUNDAY POSTCARD ART, feeling the love for feline creatures of this world, has the theme of CATS. I combined our sweet little house pets with the big cats of Africa.
That's it for this posting. I hope you'll return for my next... 
Thanks for stopping by once again. I've missed posting and I'VE MISSED YOU!

Big Hugs,
abbyj  

 

9 comments:

  1. The cat one is my favorite. It sounds like you're involved in a giant, time-absorbing life event. It also sounds wonderful. I know you will get great joy from your new home. When do you expect to move in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, seems you have tons of stuff to do by building a house...awesome! And a new studio sounds exciting too ;) love the first spread, even if it crashes the dream, haha! But the big fish is adorable with its colorful feathery look ;) He seems worth a bigger pond ;) ♥ Conny http://mix-it-monthly.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. it will be great when its finished..love your fish painting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for taking part in spa while i have hosted! I love this, the lions in a cats eye, definitely some of that inner turmoil going on with our cats! Amber x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for you Abby to build your new home. I love that you will be living on the "1st floor" - I wanted my studio to be build on ground level, but it just didn't work out that way. Now that it been transformed to my Doodle Studio, my puppies learn to go up and down a few stairs before they go to their new home. I must say it delights me to watch them running out the door and down the stairs. Love your Coexist text, especially in light of recent events.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here from MIM-gorgeous art- and I especially love the goldfish piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your painting of the fishes in the glass very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool images, one and all. While I visited for the fish, I'm taken by the cancelled dreams - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing your beautiful art work, especially the fish! We are selling our house and I know how it is to have no time for art!

    ReplyDelete