Tuesday, November 30, 2010

IMAGINATION SOARING...

NOVEMBER 30th

IMAGINATION:
"The more we see, the more we must be able to imagine; the more we imagine, the more we must think we see."       
                                                    Gotthold Ephraim Lessing


How many times have you seen a rock, log or tree stump in the distance and thought it was something else?  Admittedly, I do it all the time. May I attribute my faulty perceptions to aging eyes?  When recently in Uganda, I happened upon a large patch of tree trunks and logs, decaying, due to elephant and/or flood damage. My imagination started working, seeing all the things they resembled (to me!) I thought  "I MUST DO SOMETHING WITH THESE."  Finally, I have... this is some of my TREE STUMP ART. Can you see the stumps and logs beneath my creations?

Thanks for looking...what d'ya think?

See you soon...XOX,
Abbyj 

16 comments:

  1. These "stump" creations are truly a joy to experience, and I do mean "experience". I can't just simply look at them. I find myself crawling inside them and feeling the texture and the emotion. Wow Abby, these are fantastic! I am especially moved by the image of the man in the red cap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting interpretations abby! hope you're well.
    trudi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Trudi and Mark...I appreciate the comments...and thanks for looking! XOX Abbyj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, your tree stump art is fantastic. I loved moving my eyes over each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your "Tree stump art". Great beginnings for a new blog! Look forward to your future entries.
    All my best-
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love it ! very interesting work ! a different eye on nature...that's great !

    ReplyDelete
  7. The art you created with your stump images are fabulous! I love the layers and "texture" Truly beautiful.
    You have a fantastic blog. I enjoyed reading about your travels. So interesting and fun! You are living a full life!
    I look forward to checking back in!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing at AB site.
    CC in WI http://catherinemariecalvetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Tree Trunk Art of yours is utterly fabulous, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so pleased that you've enjoyed my tree stumps and that you took the time to tell me so! Wishing you all the happiest of holidays...please do check back!! Hugs, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. The treestump art is so unusual. I would love to take a digital art class. Coni

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's apparent I've found a new place to hang out! Is this digital? It looks like paper, but it's hard to tell. Very good I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want that goat picture hanging above my fireplace mantel! They are all stunning. How do you do what you do so easily?
    Kathy G (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your blog.

    You have some really great articles and I believe I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd really like to write some articles
    for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested.

    Cheers!

    Also visit my homepage: Tower Of Saviors Hack Tool

    ReplyDelete