Monday, December 6, 2010

Finally, A Snow Storm...


DECEMBER 6, 2010
Red Boots in the Snow
"Announced by all the trumpets of the sky,
Arrives the snow and driving o'er the fields,
Seems nowhere to alight;
the whited air Hides hills and woods,
the river, and the heaven,
And veils the farmhouse at the garden's end.
The sled and traveller stopped, the courier's feet Delayed,
all friends shut out, the housemates sit Around the radiant fireplace,
enclosed In a tumultuous privacy of  storm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Very late this year, the snows are finally upon us, stretching  feathery, glistening flakes across sky and earth. It's time for roaring fires,  hot chocolate, hot apple cider, soft jazz and good books. I welcome the cleansing facade.
  
These snow scenes are around and near our home in snowy Central New York.    XOX,  Abbyj

9 comments:

  1. Love the poem, red boots and your ramblings!
    I have to send it to my friends and sister on their farms in central NY.
    Love your Blog! Kathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like it does here in Germany right now ... keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pleased you're enjoying the swown as well, Abby! And I love the beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, this is a beautiful post. I am smiling from ear to ear. Your art is so beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Abby,
    Me again!!! I am not sure if my comment went through or not. But I was telling you in an earlier comment how much I love this post and your art!!! Amazing!!!
    Hugs,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the nice comments Kath, Frieda, Deb and Marion...it makes me happy to know you're checking in. Come again...I think the blog police let you know when there's a new post. Soon, I'll cancel the notices!
    Happy Holidays to all...and love, Abbyj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby, your snow photos are beautiful! I'm originally from Minnesota and sometimes wish I could exchange the cold, windy rains of Oregon for the gorgeous Midwest winter scenery. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your photography is beautiful Abby, what a peaceful setting you captured and shared with the world ~ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings, I believe your web site might be having internet browser compatibility problems.
    Whenever I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening in IE,
    it's got some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Apart from that, excellent website!

    my webpage: megapolis hack tool

    ReplyDelete