Tuesday, March 1, 2011

ART ON VACATION...

CHALLENGES IN FLORIDA 
March 1, 2011

Happy March First! With the beginning of March come promises of Spring... of gentler weather and the melting of snow (revealing patches of green from a previous season.) But in Central New York, promises are made to be broken and that inevitable white blanket remains...reminding us who's still in charge!!  What an awesome director we have in Mother Nature!! 
Undaunted (and STILL loving that white blanket,) I happily plod on, creating art pieces for challenges issued to artists on a variety of blogs...on a variety of subjects. Here are some of my latest... 
The challenge issued by 4X4 FRIDAY is to create a piece based on a "tiny fairy."

ART CREATIONS FRIDAY's challenge is to create art using this sweet "SORE LOSER."

"EXOTIC" is the word for TAKE A WORD MONDAY  and my friend from the DATOGA TRIBE in Tanzania, Africa provided the perfect face!

THE THREE MUSES invited participating artists to introduce bloggers to one of their ancestors...well, here she is...her name is Jessie!

THINK MONDAY-THINK ATC wanted our muses to create an underwater scene...Since my husband and daughter are scuba divers, I found my muse in them and their gorgeous photos of colorful coral and sweet turtles...I enjoyed playing with a few of their photos.

SUNDAY POSTCARD ART wants to do a "DOUBLE TAKE" on our art this week...hope this does it for them!!

WHEW! That's it for a little while...I need to rearrange my sock drawer. Please stop by again as I love your visits!   XOX, abbyj 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! I love everything you have posted today and I am especially impressed with your entry for Take A Word. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these,especially "exotic" with your friend's face...it's perfect!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your nice words...they mean a lot! xox, abbyj

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, a plethora of wonderful art! Love what you did with the image from ACF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Abby, what a fabulous selection of your art!
    Thanks for stopping by & leaving lovely comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete