Saturday, September 24, 2011

THE BLACK AND WHITE OF LIFE...AND ART

DRAMA in Black and White
September 24, 2011   
"Pain will destroy; Hope will heal!"
Thanks to DIGITAL WHISPER for their inspiration in the field of black and white! It offered me (and other artists) the opportunity...the challenge... to explore the drama of converting a color photo to black and white... and IT IS DRAMATIC!! As in life, though, there are no real black-and-white situations... there's always at least a bit of gray. It's all part of life...highs, lows and middles! 

Some black and white for your viewing pleasure...
 I fell so in love with black and white (again) that I  even responded to two challenges in kind... 
INSPIRATION AVENUE asked to see art using the theme, KEYS..
and THINK MONDAY-THINK ATC  requested art with the theme of buildings...that I ALSO did in black and white!!

 "Shades of grey wherever I go
The more I find out, the less I know:
Black and white is how it shouldbe,
But shades of grey are the colors I see." 
Billy Joel (American pianist, singer, songwriter)


Thanks so much for stopping to say hello...hope you enjoyed my journey into black and white...I think it's dramatic and very captivating.

Hope to see you again... 
xox,
abbyj 


12 comments:

  1. Your key piece id really amazing. I loved the background especially and your composition is great. You have had a very productive week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from IA...anyone fabulous composition! I just love the dancers on the piano keys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The keys for IA are fantastic! Love all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done!!! xoxox I have to say they are all gorgeous, but I have to say the people are my favorite. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous...as ever Abby!Wouldn't matter what colour your art was..it is always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again I'm here from IA, but love everything you made. And PIANO keys are something I have not seen in this challenge until now. Love the black and white of it all, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this- I can almost hear the music they are dancing to on those beautiful black and white keys.... just such a lovely interpretation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful!! I'm curious, which images do you feel turned out best when rendered in B & W? Those with a lot of color, or little. Or did it matter? It would be neat to see a few 'before and after' comparisons on some of them.
    You have an awesome blog! I almost got lost in it! LOL
    I'm so glad you are a member! I'm learning from you!

    Su

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost missed seeing these!!!!!!!
    Fabulous art work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed looking at your art, especially liked the IA challenge Keys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg what a great compilation of art. Thanks for showing it for creavil.
    Hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pieces, thanks for sharing on the Creavil Challenge.

    ReplyDelete