Sunday, September 18, 2011

TIME PASSAGES

The Subject is TIME... 
September 18, 2011 

 "TIME RACES
WE GLIMPSE ITS PASSING" 

We visited with my 94 year old Aunt Barbara this weekend...she's still sharp of mind and tongue and still fun to be with! She lost the love of her life several months ago...the ravages of time passing. This is my Aunt and her beloved some years ago.
Now, on to some blog art challenges...

TAKE A WORD: Music
Music is such a universal pleasure, crossing over all lines that divide us as human beings. It's certainly food for my soul...my life is better because music is so much a part of my life.! 

Two interpretations for PEACE...Peace as the absence of  fear of terrorism and war- the motto for the 60's was "make love, not war." It was a time when people believed in tolerance and all the freedoms! Then, there's personal peace... peace in your heart- something we wish and pray for! Perhaps in the lifetime of our grandchildren we'll see both...


INSPIRATION  AVE./ THREE MUSES: FALL/AUTUMN
I LOVE fall (or autumn) for it's extraordinary palette of colors; for the sounds of crunching leaves beneath my feet and of laughter of children bursting forth from the school yards; for the smells of pumpkin pie, roasted turkey and burning leaves...and I love fall because it leads right into my second favorite season...WINTER!

Thanks so much for stopping by THE VIVERE for  a snapshot of my life... hope you'll visit with me again...

xox,
abbyj 

8 comments:

  1. You always have wonderful posts. Both IA images are superb, and I like both equally. The return to school and the autumn landscape both make for fine entries. Really enjoyed it all this week, too (again).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from IA! Beautiful photo and imagery--I could hear the crunch of the leaves as I read your words--very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and images, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some nice pieces of art here, thank you for sharing at the Three Muses and Take a Word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful art Abby. I love the commentary you have with your ever evocative art! And your aunt looks like she loves life...and I love her red hair!...vbg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful artwork and an exquisite autumn piece for our challenge (at the Muses). Thanks so much for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tribute to autumn, Abby, and the other art work is lovely as well. Thanks for joining us at Three Muses this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Abbyj,
    thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Your Collagework is rally cool.
    I like what you do
    Shine on
    Janine

    ReplyDelete