Friday, March 16, 2012

It's Friday...This Must Be Holland  
March 16, 2012 

  
 "old life gone...
awaiting spring renewal"  
I spotted this sweet young deer outside our bedroom window this morning. He or she seemed to be waiting for spring...or perhaps, a friend with whom to share some R&R :)  I did catch him/her nibbling at the sparse grass that blankets our lawn these days. With the fresh loss of my dear friend, seeing this young life renews MY hope and makes me smile. 
Today is the day for participating artists in the cyber blog, POSTCARD CHALLENGE 2012, to post their weekly postcards. This week, we journeyed to the land of windmills ... Holland/Netherlands. Here are my cards...
The journey continues for both our correspondents in the Postcard Challenge and for me as I struggle to cope with my loss. We'll see where next week finds us...

Thanks for stopping by and checking in!
xox,
abbyj

17 comments:

  1. a great postcard and a very interesting story line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice postcard. Lovely deer. I assume it is for the IA challenge? It definitely looks vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your postcards are great - I particularly love the first one! The bicycle in the foreground looks awesome. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stamps and posts are really wonderful, they gave me a remind of golden past.

    Plastic Card Printing
    Plastic Card
    Scratch Cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you postcard and the photo of the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I say it every week but I love your cards! great choice of images and wonderful detail this week, Fab! M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely postcards. I am so sorry for your loss but the deer came to show you that life continues. I believe it is a sign for you from your friend.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous cards I love how the bike is right in the foreground, makes a great window to the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done post cards! The adventure is continuing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous postcards! Lov the one with the bicycle handle in the front. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aloha Abby...you have such a beautiful, thoughtful blog...filled with such FABulous creativity...Sorry for the loss of your beloved friend...that sweet deer is a symbol of how precious life is.
    Yes! Where is Jarrod?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! Hope there's a new passport soon so the travels can continue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another couple of wonderful cards. I think the one with the backpack hanging off the flag pole is brilliant! So sorry about the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super view of the houses and the bike, great postcards and I am liking your story. So sorry that you have lost such a dear friend.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your postcards are both stunning...and we are still no wiser as to Jarrod's whereabouts :S
    So sorry for your sadness :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for your loss. Making art can be very theraputic. I love your canal/ bike image. Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is because this device assures to either benefit or cure the autistic people in more ways than one.
    In addition, the observing surgeons could transmit their
    comments to the operating surgeon, who could read
    them on the Google Glass monitor.

    And then on March 20, the world's largest paid private
    blog network - BMR - announced that its vast network had been almost entirely de-indexed by Google, causing chaos in the internet marketing industries.

    ReplyDelete