Monday, November 19, 2012

VIRTUAL JAMAICA, EYES and
MATHEW STAR THOMAS
November 19, 2012



I
Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving!
(...in the style of Hungarian artist, Sarolta Ban)
I hope that this Thanksgiving finds you surrounded by loved ones. But, if not, spend some time thinking of all the things you're thankful for... I pray that there are many!! For those dear ones not celebrating the holiday, I wish you a peaceful and fulfilling week.
This week brought some fun art challenges into my lap... The THREE MUSES want an EYE included in our art...


The Flicker art group, DIGITALMANIA, asked participating artists to create a piece in the style of artist MATHEW STAR THOMAS...


Finally, in Darcy's Art and Sole POSTCARD CHALLENGE, we traveled to the Caribbean island of  JAMAICA...land of lush vegetation, waterfalls, beaches, palm trees... a definite vacation destination for those who love summer weather all the time! Jamaica was the first Caribbean country to gain independence. It was the chosen home of James Bond novelist, Ian Fleming, for at least 10 of his novels; it was the first tropical country to enter the Winter Olympics...and apart from the United States, Jamaica has won the most world and olympic medals; it was the first commercial producer of bananas in the Western Hemisphere; its national drink is rum...and the island's motto is "OUT OF MANY, ONE PEOPLE..." a great reflection of the melting pot that Jamaica is!



Thank you for joining me for this blog posting. Our family will be visiting for Thanksgiving so I hope to see you after our holiday!! Blessings to you all...

Hugs,
abbyj 

19 comments:

  1. More awesomeness! I'm running from that giant turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the focus of the deer in the eye! Now, I have to go look up Matther Star Thomas (you are expanding my knowledge of artists). Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you also...many blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrr, Your second 'Eye' is impressive! I love it!
    I love the turkey too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy my visits here. Great art for the eye challenge, and other very nice pieces as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the two 'eye' pieces, Abby, have a wonderful thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cool art Abby J. I love the Impala(?) in the Leopard's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much wonderful art and such range! The animal eyes are my Fave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have such a great ange of art to see. My favourite is the cheeter eye, fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the variety of art finding here - bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really are a wonder, Abby! So much eye-candy and delightful factoids make your blog a treat to visit.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your digi work is wonderful. I am only just setting out on this route and find your stuff so inspiring.
    Lovely Jamaica.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Abby once again nice photoshop/digi work.
    I must ask-Do you print your completed cards & pages and put them in a Book??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab choice of images for Jamaica, really great digital collage work. And I LOVE your Thanksgiving card, brilliant! M

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to visit your blog, Abby, and I'm never disappointed. Each week you create such a wonderful selection of art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning collection! It is always a joy to visit your blog, Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super art work and postcard.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. grreat digi work, love all the colours you use.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you would like to obtain much from this paragraph then you have to apply these methods to
    your won web site.

    Review my web-site ... phuket accommodation

    ReplyDelete