Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NEW YEAR: NEW CHALLENGE 
January 1st, 2013


Happy New Year's to YOU and yours!
Hi Dear Ones,
This is a quickie post to place my books (for one a month) on the shelf for the year-long 2013 challenge...Artful Readers Club. It's run by Art and Sole's Darcy Wilkinson. Today's the day we declare the books we hope to read and the last Friday of each month, we blog our book review and create a piece of art inspired by the book. I'm listing 14 in case I start one and don't care for it!! 
                                Here are my books:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Breath of God by Jeffrey Small
The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
The Glass Room by Simon Mawer
The Great Lenore by J.M.Tohline
Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Potzsch
House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III
The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer
Little Princes by Conor Grennan
The Panther by Nelson DeMille
Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunant
The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson

It's a real mixture of times, places and themes. I'm
really looking forward to starting my first book...
THE BOOK THIEF!! Will let you know how it is...
Enjoy, everyone!! This is a great New Year's resolution...read at least a book a month! Thanks for the inspiration, Darcy.

Next posting: A REAL TRIP TO POLAND

16 comments:

  1. Another pile of books I haven't read, I didn't think this would be possible! Think I have read The Snow Child and that's it... Looking forward to the reviews! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. great list Abby, I have read The Book Thief and it is a lovely book, most of the reat I havent heard of except The House of Sand and Fog, and I can't think why i have heard of it..maybe it is in my bookcase downstairs hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of some of your books but I've not read any. Looking forward to reading your reviews. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have only read the Book Thief. Unforgettable book. Looking forward to hearing about the others.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list - I have heard good things about the Hangman's Daughter in particular - I look forward to reading your reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I loved The Book Thief and am sure you will, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent choice of books. Looking forward to your artwork and reviews.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great selection of books, I loved The book thief, looking forward to your review of it. enjoy the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of or read any of these either - this challenge is going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of any of these, and they all look interesting. Glad you are doing The Book Thief first. It's a great challenge, but what a challenge when I want to buy books from everyone's lists!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a really good list. I've heard of a few and there's one or two I've had on a list, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only heard of The Book Thief from your list, am looking forward to your reviews and art for these, they all look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your booksehelf has some great reads on it. I have not long finished reading The Book Thief, it will interesting to read your review of it and see your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list - interested to see what you think of the Snow Child as I have picked that up to buy a few times but have then been a good girl and put it down again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look forward to your reviews & art

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just read the house of sand and fog a few months ago - so good and thought provoking. i can't wait to see what you think of it and your other choices.

    ReplyDelete