Monday, March 25, 2013

ETC.
March 25, 2013

Hi Family and Friends,

Two quicky art challenges I'd like to post...
The first one is for challenge blog INSPIRATION AVENUE. Their theme: seeds.  I used a photo I took in southern Ethiopia of a Kara tribal boy in his body paint. A little photoshop magic with some typical African seed pods and...here he is!
The other challenge was issued by THINK MONDAY-THINK ATC. Their theme: nests.

That's it...just those two...quicky, like I said.

Thanks for checking back. See you for my next regular posting...hopefully!

Big Hugs,
abbyj

8 comments:

  1. Two very 'earthy' choices for the challenges! I reallllly like each of them!!! I just posted for the Inspiration Avenue challenge and ours are so completely different, which is what I like about these things! SO nice to see all the art from our hearts!
    Have a great week.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both creations are again unique and awesome. Love the nest with birds on the head of the beauty:-)
    The Ethiopia boy is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby I love your quick style. The boy with the seed pods in his hair is very moving and thoughtful towards the food supply in other countries. A true humanitarian at heart, I imagine you must be. I feel that your colour choices depict a struggle even though the boy looks happy. Love makes us happy. Maybe he is in love. Thank you for participating in Seeds. I also love the nest in the hair. You said quickly, it does not appear quickly at all. Well done. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each is delightful, with its own character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing Tubes is a website where it's OK to use their stuff ... free. Hope that helps.

    http://board.jokeroo.com/progress-material/150626-sharing-tubes-feel-free-add-snag.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning pieces, Abby!xx

    ReplyDelete