Monday, June 10, 2013

ALL ABOUT ART...
June 10, 2013
 

"Peaceful coo of the dove...relaxing!"
(done for THREE MUSES challenge blog...birds)
 
Happy Monday, Family and Friends! I trust that you had an enjoyable weekend...
 
There are a few art challenges I'd like to share with you... fun themes... like this one:
COLLAGE OBSESSION asked to see art about brothers and sisters. I used an old photo of my Father and my Aunt... 
 
SOARTFUL CHALLENGE blog was interested in owls...
F
 
THINK MONDAY-THINK ATC requested art with columns. I remembered a scene in Petra, Jordan, and played with it... amazing buildings carved of sandstone, centuries old.
 
Finally, Flicker's DIGITALMANIA introduced us to the art of Stephanie Ledoux. From Toulouse, France, she's a traveler, a journaler and a designer...a wonderful artist who incorporates bits and pieces of the life of each person in her portrait collages. These two pieces were inspired by Stephanie's style of art... one is of a man we met in China and the other is a member of one of my Ethiopian families. I'm sure I'll be doing more in her style as I really enjoy her art! It's personal, recording the people as well as memories surrounding them.
 
 
Wishing you a good week...and that you get more sunshine than we've had. It's been raining here for the past several days!!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Big Hugs,
abbyj


14 comments:

  1. so many beautiful collages! I would have a hard time picking my favorite. I hope you see sun soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful pieces, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collages! I love to hear the cooing of mourning doves, I agree it's very relaxing and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW again a unique awesome collection of creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here goes...
    I love the colors in the dove photo--so cool and soothing.
    Great composition in the Brothers and Sisters piece, great use of white space to focus the image.
    The Owl in the fancy hat is hilarious!
    I really like the colors and the blending in the Petra scene.
    The piece with the Asian man is amazing, a great composition and the colors and texture just blow me away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how nice.

    I so like your birds.

    Excellent all. Your art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had another fabulous week of creating...your collages are lovely Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully done. Love the colors.

    Earl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and interesting pieces of art. I love tem all but the Asean man is my favorit. It's fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dove piece is so serene and soothing, the ensuing art is wonderful, but the LeDoux pieces are stunning! Beautiful intuitive work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow, I missed this post. Love your pieces, as always. I have a similar photo from Petra and haven't done as much as you have with it. I really like the Stephanie LeDoux style pieces.

    ReplyDelete