Monday, June 3, 2013

DAYS OF ART
June 3, 2013
 

"Marriage: two souls entwined for life"
(created for COLLAGE OBSESSION challenge blog)



June...the most popular month for weddings. My husband's and my wedding anniversary is mid-June. It's a time for nature's new beginnings as colors dominate the landscape here in central New York. The 6-word memoir piece above memorializes the wedding couple! Click on the picture to see details.
 
I've spent waaaay too much time on the computer over the last several days...the results are below! I've had such a good, creative time...
 
For CRAZY AMIGO challenge blog, the purpose of the art they requested was to include the use of distress inks...

Flicker's DIGITALMANIA  asked us to study the art of an American artist...painter, Steven Kenny. I really enjoy his art style so I created several pieces in his style...


 
 
 

 
SUNDAY POSTCARD ART 's blog had us feeling that "there's no place like home!"
 
TAKE A WORD  saw everything through "orange" colored glasses...
 
Finally, THREE MUSES went historical art with a request  for "gothic arches..."
 

Think I'll step away from the computer now... there's a book calling my name!! Aah, the life of a retiree!!  :)
 
Enjoy your week...stay well!
 
Big Hugs,
abbyj
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Glad you did have some creative time at the computer these are wonderful to look at, well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you were a busy bee, touching all bases in the most beautiful way, and off to read a book! Retirement is tough, isn't it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic way to create the June Wedding collage. Wonderfully done.

    Earl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, Abby, what an amazing selection this week. I am gobsmacked that you do everything at once. Your work is awesome, fantastic! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bird with the crown and the boy whose orange stripes blend into the background are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful collection of different amazing art works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see that you have had a great deal of fun with your art this week. All of your pieces are very different and show a different part of you talent.
    All are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so much eye candy here! You've got me intrigued by Steven Kenny's art - I'll have to go check that out as I really like what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous collection! I'm here to comment on your Gothic Arch for the Three Muses but have enjoyed the journey through your blog. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous collection of beautiful artwork Abby I especially like your Steven Kenny collection...I attempted the hand holding up the stick too, it was a great challenge. Your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow- you've got those challenges covered Abby! Fantastic imaginative work - hard to pick a favorite- I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Abby! LOVE your digital art. The Steven Kenny pieces are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again you have blown me away with your amazing digital art, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your gothic arch is sooo romantically gothic. I adore it

    ReplyDelete
  15. More and more surreal Abby!
    I love your animals imageries.
    Bravo for ALL your art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So great art works all! My favorits are The Owl, Orange and the magical Gothic arch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's always so amaxing to visit your blog and see all the different styles of your art and all at the same time. The Steven Kenny pieces are fabulous--I especially love the bear--and the train--and the little boy--and the owl--and the arch
    and now someone will say "what-you didn't like the other ones!"

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Abby, I like your artwork :-) Thanks for sharing it at TMTA every week :-)

    ReplyDelete