Friday, May 31, 2013

NASHVILLE and MORE...
May 31, 2013

 


What  great fun we had visiting Music City... Nashville, Tennessee... with our friends, Gene and Joanne! It's not only a place where you hear all kinds of music spilling out of every honky tonk... day and night... but it's also a place for great deals on cowboy boots!! We went into a place that had a "buy one pair...get TWO PAIR  free" deal!! These were all high quality boots... don't know how they can do it- must be based on  pure volume sales!! Needless to say, the place was PACKED!!!
Here are some shots I took here and there during our Nashville visit...

 
 
 
Opryland Hotel Resort...gorgeous
 
Nashville skyline
As for this week's art challenges...
SUNDAY POSTCARD ART was in the mood to "party." I'm always up for a party... 
TAKE A WORD had us blowing "bubbles..."
 
THINK MONDAY- THINK ATC  participants were  feeling the art in their "hearts..."
 

the Flicker group, DIGITALMANIA, had artists examine the style of a Lisbon-based illustrator and designer, Christiana Couceiro. These are pieces I did in her clean collage style...in honor of the World War II pilots who painted their planes with a variety of nose art...and in honor of childhood days!



And finally, at the CRAZY AMIGOS challenge blog, we were wrapped up in "cars..."
 
 
Enjoy your week...thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you for my next posting!
 
Big Hugs,
abbyj

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Nashville for years, although I drive by it often on my way to visit family in Florida; I always enjoy the skyline. Love the vibrant colors in your party and art of the heart pieces. The retro look of the car piece is fun and I love its palette. The Couceiro pieces are sleek and pleasingly minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing trip and fabby art to go with it all Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your artwork. Visiting from SPA, TAW and ARC, and am so impressed with your work. I wish I could have visited Grand Old Opry when I was in the US years ago, love that music.

    ReplyDelete