Saturday, October 19, 2013

HELLO AGAIN!
October 19, 2013
 
Hi Dear Ones,
It's been a while since I've blogged...I've been working on a book about Michelle's and my recent visit to Orvieto, Italy. That's completed now, so I'm back, playing with the various Yahoo and Flicker art group challenges. I hope these weeks have found you well and as busy as you'd like to be! It always seems that you get a little ahead, only to fall back...that's  a continuous movement for me!  :)
 
On to current art... I've started slowly with two pieces to satisfy three challenges:
 
SUNDAY POSTCARD ART declared "13" to be their theme for the week...TAKE A WORD requested "orange..." both in the spirit of Halloween. Here's my art to stand for each one...

 
THE THREE MUSES' thoughts are about "the light of the moon." Not in the spirit of Halloween at all, but rather to my African heart where I photographed  a  young Maasai warrior, soon to be a member of the initiated Maasai men, walking on the road. This was in Tanzania several years ago.
That's it for now...starting again slowly. Please join me at the end of the week for my October book review and art.
 
Thanks for stopping in.
 
Big Hugs,
abbyj

10 comments:

  1. Love both of these. It's good to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back again, Abby. I've been missing you. Love that Massai warrior to be. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Abby! I didn't miss the witch's hat in Number 13/Orange. I love both pictures but your "moon" piece bowled me over. I love it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come to love colorful, grungy art, and your first piece is so wonderful! I really like the use of numbers layered in among the brilliant color. The second one is so meaningful. True African warriors would certainly appreciate the light of the moon to guide them through their journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I,m glad you are back and see your wonderful creations. our African collage is absolutely amazingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work Abby! I especially love your Masai! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are back, Abby, you have been missed and so has your most thoughtful and gorgeous art. Take a bow, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both beautiful the moon entry is so unique and lovely...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're back, Abby, you were missed. Both of these pieces are gorgeous but for completely different reasons. I love the grunge and bright colours of the first and the sentiments on the moon piece. A standing ovation from the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your moon! and your orange has a great twist to it - original I like it!

    ReplyDelete