Monday, July 20, 2015

ON THE ROAD AGAIN 
JULY 21, 2015 
 
Lots of back and forth over the next few weeks... spending quality time with our daughter and grandchildren and the added bonus of time spent in the car: hours to play with all the art apps on my iPad and answer some art blog challenges on the go. The iPad doesn't allow for some of the more intricate manipulations possible in Photoshop (on my desktop,) but if I practice, perhaps it will be possible on the iPad as well...practice, practice, practice!!! 
...AND, how are you? We've just been through several days of the most extreme heat yet this summer. And you? Wishing you comfortable, enjoyable days ahead, whatever your season!
On to my iPad challenges...what amazing tools are available for this device.
DIGITAL WHISPER's challenge blog tasked participants to create art around the theme of hiding and hide and seek. I obviously had so much fun with this one as you will see by my 4 pieces...



SUNDAY POSTCARD ART asked for something "messy!" I had an immediate picture of my granddaughter, Lilly, when celebrating her first birthday. I know it's a pretty typical photo, but to me, it is the very definition of the word!!
TAKE A WORD's thoughts were nautical...sea life! I just got my toes wet, but can you see the fish under the bit of water in the foreground?
Finally, THE THREE MUSES challengers were thinking literally: their theme...books!
I DO appreciate your stopping by. Looking forward to seeing you for my next posting. Stay well!
 
Big Hug,
abbyj  

13 comments:

  1. Granddaughter??? and I thought you were a young.un. lol It's been incredibly hot here too. Love your art this week, as always.
    Spectacular lighting and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic ipad art, Abby. And Lilly is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a warm summer here, too, dear Abby. I agree with what you´ve said about the photo of Lilly - thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every one of your collages is gorgeous, unique and extraordinary...bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your books, lots to read. Great image. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your every piece of digita art is fantastic. I really love all and the masterpieces of Lilly are my favorits. Have a great time, Abby♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic creations for hide and seek! I love the b&w most. Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful journey from Africa to the bookstore, Abby. I enjoyed every single minute of viewing your creative talents! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great collection of artwork from glimpses of Africa to the weekly challenges. Love all of the pieces with a special nod to your "sea life" and "books". I am sooooo impressed that you are keeping up via your iPad. I have had mine for a year and I am ashamed to say I use it as a book reader and a quick glance at the daily news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing gallery of art here, Abby, especially the books, black and white and sea life. Oh and Africa, of course.

    ReplyDelete