Tuesday, July 21, 2015

WILD, HOT AFRICA 
JULY 22, 2015 

TRY IT ON TUESDAY just opened a challenge that I absolutely couldn't resist... "hot and wild" is the theme- for me, AFRICA is the place!
I caught this fabulous leopard in Botswana one late afternoon when Michael and I were enjoying our 50th anniversary trip to Africa. She was watching some warthogs below the tree...planning dinner for her babies. A woman's work is never done!!
This guy is a resident of Tanzania. He emerged from the rocks at dusk (when the lighting was perfect) on a search for food...always food!
Meet my friend, Icaru. She lives on Ngamba Island in Uganda. We met when she and I went for a walk, along with her keeper, several years ago. She was 11 when we met. She's an orphaned chimp as are all the rescued chimps on this island.  Chimps have a very good memory...she has remembered me on subsequent visits through the years. We play, groom one another, and you should hear her giggle when I tickle her... she is a gift in my life!  
 This was a quick post...hope you enjoyed it. See you next posting...

Big Hugs,
abbyj

  

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous art works on the theme. The beautiful wild animals you have even met in their own homeland in great Afrika look fantastic. Your setting for them is most beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nearly incredible, that you took those photos yourself. but one can feel it. impressive!
    Herzlich Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what wonderful animal-photos! I love your puma - these are so pretty cats! Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning project. Thank you for sharing you photos and memories of that wonderful country and for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome collage! Love your images-and your layout makes it a very strong piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous collage with a wonderful main image and I love the photos that you've shared with us.
    Thanks for joining us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Admiring the persistence you put into your website and
    in depth information you offer. It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted
    rehashed material. Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm
    including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

    Here is my page :: popular cell phone

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy! This post could not be written any better! Reading through
    this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this.
    I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a
    good read. Thanks for sharing!

    Feel free to visit my webpage - benefits cell

    ReplyDelete