Tuesday, February 2, 2016

LOVE, the CIRCUS and a TIME MACHINE
February 2, 2016 

Greetings! Hope this posting finds you in a good mood and ready to share some art with me! The challenges are always fun... there were some good ones this week like this one from DEZINAWORLD15: "time machine." My time machine is unique because it comes with a TRANSPORTER BUTTON. This allows me to visit one of my most favorite eras, THE ROARING TWENTIES, with its fun fashions and it's share of danger and bad boys...and of course, the music! But, should I get into trouble (as I most likely would,) I hit the TRANSPORTER BUTTON and return to my life today- that's the best time EVER! Life is good.
DIGITAL WHISPER calls for some ships...I posted one piece for this challenge last time...here's a repost of that one, plus another...

MIX IT MONTHLY has participants creating pieces of art about the CIRCUS...

TRY IT ON TUESDAY is looking forward to Valentine's Day and asks artists to create around the theme of LOVE...

and last, but certainly not least, is DIGITALMANIA's challenge to create a piece inspired by the art of one Melinda Tidwell, who creates abstract collages using parts of books. This was really a challenge!! Here's one of hers...
and here's what she inspired in me...
That's it for this posting...hope you're having a good week. Join me for the next posting...please.

Big Hugs,
abbyj

11 comments:

  1. Love your book collages! And I love your circus!!!
    Fun art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always enjoyable visit your site Abby. This time it's extra full of happy life. Wonderful, wonderful art. I especially love what your transporter button makes and your fabulous art for TioT is super. Thank you for playing along with us. Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pieces this week! I mean, who doesn't love a good circus? Who isn't fascinated with huge ships and the adventure they would bring? Who wouldn't want to experience the roaring 20s? And who doesn't love LOVE and who doesn't love art from a good book? And I love collage. Your artwork this week is wonderful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing my friend I especially like your love pieces and the Tidwell pair...everything is beautiful and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous selection of pages. So many interesting images and details. Thank you for sharing one of your pages with us at TioT's. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great mix of art pieces! It's always a delight coming to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you are sooo profilic and I love the variaty of all your pieces! And isn´t it allways an amazing feeling to fit into lots of challenges?! I too enjoy this also alot!! Love the three guys sitting and watch elephant comes out of his wagon! And your last piece the digital one with the girl trying to catch butterflies is my very favorite! ♥ Conny http://mix-it-monthly.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a lot of challenges and all of your pieces are really good. I love how you did the time machine one, its fabulous and i also loved the other pieces, especially the book one and valentine one. Awesome work Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun I had looking at your blog! Enjoyed all your art and the art in Philly and China!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work and your circus pieces are fabulous- truly inspiring Abby!

    ReplyDelete