Saturday, February 12, 2011

PLAYING HARD...

VALENTINE'S DAY & BEYOND 

February 12, 2011

With Valentine's Day around the corner, several of the art blog sites I regularly visit have issued challenges...not only for Valentine's Day but looking past the day to further inspirations.  Answering the calls of these blogs, I've posted the resulting art I've done over the last couple of days... 
For 4X4 FRIDAY... http://4x4friday.blogspot.com/
For SUNDAY POSTCARD ART...http://sundaypostcardart.wordpress.com/
  (I know that traditionally, Valentine's Day is for romantic loved ones, but I've enlarged the circle of love and included our dear daughter, Michelle!)

FOR ART CREATIONS FRIDAY...http://artcreationsfriday.blogspot.com/
 And here's one more...this one is based on a photo I took for a photo art journal online art group. The task was to illustrate a "word of intention" for the coming year. My word...PATIENCE!
FOR PHOTO ART JOURNALS...http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/photoartjournals/

Thanks for looking at my art and photography... such fun to play and answer challenges put forth by other artists. It's wonderful to see how everyone interprets the challenges...all different, all unique!

Please stop by again...HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!     XOX, abbyj
  

12 comments:

  1. Nice submissions! I really like the first one you show. Took me a moment to figure out what it was! LOL : )
    I also love Peg-Leg Papa!
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all are absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful collection of art! Love your Valentines, they are all so unique. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first one is my favorite - it is so cool and unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pieces Love them all, especially the acf card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your feedback everyone. I soooo appreciate it! Hope you all have a happy day...and please come visit me again!

    Hugs,
    abbyj

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful festive art pieces! Each so unique and different but perfect for the themes. Great color use and design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Annchen and Lori for taking time to write a comment, letting me know you visited "the vivere." Please plan to check back...

    Best to you, abbyj

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed all your art. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to say I adore your fabulous creative work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super artwork - I love your take on the SPA 'hearts' challenge - how sweet to have a photo of your precious daughter.

    x

    ReplyDelete