Thursday, October 11, 2012

BONNIE SCOTLAND and other art...
October 11, 2012



In the spirit of Halloween approaching...
(for SUNDAY POSTCARD ART)


Happy end-of-the-week to you! Here's wishing you a satisfying weekend with only good things happening. 

Halloween is fast approaching...excitement for the kids. I know my grandchildren have been planning "what they're going to be" for months!! Next week is also my granddaughter's 8th birthday...how did THAT happen???? Busy time! Happy Birthday to my Sweetie Girl, Lilly.
I've been busy creating new pieces of art for a variety of challenges...as usual.


 TAKE A WORD challenge blog asked for 
a crime poster...


THE THREE MUSES ' theme: Vintage
...And our country for this week's ART and SOLE POSTCARD CHALLENGE is Scotland. We have several family members and friends living in Scotland. My mother-in-law was born there! It's a place we've visited many, many times. Sooo many old, old castles, interesting old cemeteries, lots of tradition...and some awful, bone-chilling weather. But it's beautiful...from the desolate Scottish moors to the busy cities. The seaside areas are lovely as is the countryside with its quaint stone cottages. I love the long-haired highland cows with their rusty colored hair, the kilts, the bagpipes, the ale, the scones with clotted cream... my Aunt Lilian and my mother-in-law made the best buttery shortbread EVER!! So many great memories... 
The memories I chose for my Art and Sole pieces are of the 13th century castle of the Earl of Glasgow that's been decorated (by invitation) with vivid, exciting Brazilian graffiti. It was done in 2007, before the castle was to be resurfaced...and it's still there! The other memory I chose to show is that of a father and son at a park where we took the kids to play. Here they are...



That's it for now... Enjoy your weekend and I look forward to seeing you for the next... Thanks for checking in!

Hugs,
abbyj

42 comments:

  1. Love your cards. Kilts are such a great for a man to dress. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous postcard and such an interesting read. I think I should like to visit that castle, next time I am visiting Glasgow.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious selection you've made again my dear.Just wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in Scotland briefly in 1970 and would love to return some day. The graffiti castle looks great, the little boy and man in kilts are absolutely charming.Your ravens are spooky enough for Halloween.The crime poster and magazine cover are strong images in very different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful art from this week, and love that Graffiti castle, how fantastic! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful art this week, must get a start on Scotland. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super art--as usual, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting read about the castle. great postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful art. I just love that graffiti castle. I lived in Scotland for many years, and I never heard of this - or I would have made it a point to visit it!

    Cheers,
    Kirstin
    (Visiting from Inspiration Avenue) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your dark and mishievous ravens- and all of your wonderful art entries Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous week of artwork you have had very beautiful all...from the chaos of your ravens to the grimace on granny's face wonderful all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards, Abby! I love the ravens flying around; the grafitti house is spectacular, and Bonnie Scotland is Perfect~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great raven card, and your "take a word" challenge is very powerful.

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous post! The raven card is perfectly scarey! Your crime poster - so timely and true. Adored reading about Scotland..haven't been though it is where my dh's family is from. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful knitting woman... and the ravens remind me to hitchcocks´ birds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some lovely pieces there Abby. I think the crime poster is very clever snd the ravens poster js beautiful.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so organized, Abby, with all your entries, wonderful art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't an unkindness a fantastic group noun for ravens. Fab postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your ravens postcard! It's briliant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing treasure trove of artwork. I came here to comment on your wonderful poster (love the street poster against crime) but found so much more. Your artwork is wonderful and your writing is warm and interesting. I really enjoyed the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW that are lots of wonderful art works,

    ReplyDelete
  22. goodness that poster looks so real you should sell it so it can be plastered over every city

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for participatinig in Take a Word and Three Muses! Both are super entries!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Superb entry for each challenge. Thank you so much for sharing at the Three Muses and Take a Word.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your Bonnie Scotland, very cute image! M

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many wonderful pieces of art again! I especially like the one with the kilts. The little boy looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your artwork ...... your "Hate Crime " poster is very weel done and I really love your Life Magazine vintage piece! Great work :o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great work! I really love the ravens!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow
    You make a lot of fantastic works
    You be a inspiration for me
    Thank´s a lot

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  30. Interesting castle, not seen that one. Great card.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Dear Abby!
    What a feast for my eyes to scroll through your wonderful art , travels, hear and imagination! I was shocked to read your little Lilly is going to be 8!
    Can't wait to see you next month,
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a sweetie is your knitting lady, will I look like that in xxx years time? clutching my needles

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your setting for the beautiful old lady - still managing to knit with gnarled fingers. Touching and exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing works Abby- the life magazine cover is so expressive and love your spooky witch

    ReplyDelete
  35. Amazing and interesting, Abby. Thank you for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I loved your memories of Scotland, and your art, though I must say it pained me to see a beautiful old castle all "graffiti'd" up! I love the father and son in Bonnie Scotland, however. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete