Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ALMOST SPRING?
February 27, 2013


Winter days shimmer...Spring days shine
(for(for challenge blog  THREE MUSES: Rustle of Spring)


Hi Folks,
Here we are at the end of February...that's usually a signal for Spring to burst forth! Here in Central New York, though, we're still experiencing heavy snow and cold on more days that we should (if Spring is REALLY that imminent!) I'm not complaining... I prefer the snow to hot summer days...odd? I know! :)

(for CREAVIL CHALLENGE BLOG: winter white)
On days like these, locals take to the ski slopes or go sledding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobile riding...or ice skating.

(for CRAZY AMIGOs: ice skating and SUNDAY POSTCARD ART: silhouettes)


Moving away from the winter theme, TAKE A WORD broke out with a "wings" theme... to me, all good mothers are angels.  My daughter is one of those winged creatures...Mom to our two dear grandchildren... 
Finally, my last piece of art for this week is for the FLICKER group, DIGITALMANIA. This is my toughest challenge group. Each week the blog leaders pick an artist whose style the participants try to emulate...it's usually a stretch OUT of my comfort zone, but in my attempt to grow artistically, I try them. This week, the artist is a Hungarian painter, sculptor and author. His name: Csaba Markus. Here's HIS art...
Here's MINE...

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it...and you!
Hope the rest of your week goes smoothly...enjoy your weekend!

Please join me for the next post...
Hugs,
abbyj

9 comments:

  1. Love your Spring visions! All of your art is so expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your creations are wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Creavil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your work, Abby, and look forward to seeing more of it! These pieces are creative and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post, Abby! I, too, prefer the cold weather. Love the Spring collage and your ice skating post card! I have to say that I prefer YOUR art to that of Markus--such great colours! You are an inspiration.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something happened to my first comment. I'll try again to tell you that I find your art inspiring and I love this particular post. I prefer cold weather any day! I also pointed out that I prefer your art to that of Markus.xx We'll see what happens to this comment. Maybe, you'll get two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along with SPA silhouettes - a beautiful postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your winter images, but have to admit I'm sick of this winter. Love the idea of mom angels and the image of your daughter and grandchildren. Your Csaba Markus like image is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful and delicate piece of art your winter card is! I enjoyed looking it closely.

    Winter days - especially sunny ones have their pros as well. I also am fond of snow! :)

    ReplyDelete