Sunday, January 24, 2016

EARLY VALENTINE and MORE 
January 26, 2016 
  
Whew! Tough few days for winter snow storms on the East Coast!!! Some cities will be a while digging out from their record snowfalls. Not so unusual for Central New York, where we often have lake effect snowstorms with large accumulations of the fluffy white stuff. But, this latest storm missed us completely. Waiting for the next... :)
DIGITALMANIA has introduced us into an exciting new (to me) artist, DAVID ARMS. He's a painter who lives in Nashville. His imagination, attention to detail and ability to seemingly create “something out of nothing”  makes him an inspiration! Here are a few of David's pieces...


 and here are my pieces, inspired by David's art...




DEZINAWORLD15 has challenged artists to create an early Valentine piece of art... with pleasure!

Finally, DIGITAL WHISPER asked to see art about roller skates. I found a vintage photo of a man with prehistoric roller skates and had some fun with it....
Thanks so much for stopping by. Stay safe and warm until we "meet" again. Hope you'll stop by for my next posting...

Big Hugs,
abbyj




9 comments:

  1. You were really inspired by David Arms; I love all your David inspired pieces. Your valentine is adorable. We, also, have had much less snow than usual this winter. I guess the usual weather patterns are not working this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for introducing me to David Arms’ awesome work. What a fine artist. I love the idea of the creation of an early Valentine and your is so special. Did you do you own type on there LOVE? I really like that script and those roller skates...they are definitely prehistoric. My hubby just came in and couldn’t believe his eyes. I think we would fall flat immediately upon taking off. Hope he did well in the role derby. Have a happy week. You have certainly gotten mine off to a happy start. genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your beautiful birds, lovely angels and your fancy roller skates a fabulous collection of artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the David Arms work, Abby, and your roller skate guy is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lot of eye candy in this post. I love what you've created with your inspiration pieces. I especially like "Don't look back..." I need a very large poster of that for someone. And your roller skating guy is so funny. I 've enjoyed seeing ALL your art pieces really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the weet inspiration art work!
    The BEST roller skater!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby, this post is magical, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow , wow and more wow-wonderful expressive works this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Abby, beautiful work on all these pieces. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Dezinaworld this week. I am so glad to have you as a new FB friend too. I recognised your blog as soon as i came here lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete